Friday, June 25, 2010

Prenatal Yoga

Last night, I went to my first prenatal class, and I loved it! The instructor, Barbara, was really great and I really like the studio- Yogani on Platt. There were about 12 other girls in the class with me and it was so nice to be around other pregnant people! We all went around and introduced ourselves, told how far along we were(I was the smallest and most recently pregnant one) and how we were feeling. There was one other girl who was a week ahead of me and she was sooo much bigger than me, I really would have guessed she was 20-25 weeks but nope! ( I almost wanted to say something about how much bigger she was than me, but I thought maybe she'd take it the wrong way so I kept my mouth shut).

What I liked about the class is that I think ( or hope) that it will make my labor/delivery a better experience. It makes sense to start preparing your body to be more flexible for when the baby comes. The different poses and excercies we did were great. Barbara even said that women that do prenatal yoga don't have stretch marks! I hope that is the case bc I plan on trying to do it as long as I can throughout my pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment