Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recent quotes I like...

I saw this quote recently and it's sooo true:
" The only time a woman wishes she was a year older is when she is pregnant."

From my Becoming Babywise book...
"A healthy husband-wife relationship is essential to the emotional health of children in the home. When there is harmony in the marriage there is an infused stability within the family. A strong marriage provides a haven of security for children as they grow in the nurturing process. Healthy, loving marriages create a sense of certainty for children. When a child observes the special friendship and emotional togetherness of his parents, he is more secure simply because it isn't neccessary to question the legitimacty of his parent's committment to one another."
I definitely want to make sure when the baby comes and we are baby gaga that Evan and I continue to have "us" time... I know I will love my child beyond any comprehension, but my love for my husband transcends... I guess this also means I don't like the child centered parenting or attatchment parenting methods I read about so often on other baby blogs..

No comments:

Post a Comment