Monday, August 16, 2010

Boston Med


Has anyone seen Boston Med on ABC( thursday nights at 10pm)? I watched my first episode last night and was instantly hooked.

Be prepared to cry, like I did, for the amazing stories of the patients and all the hard work and care that the staff at the hospital demonstrates.
When I watched it, I was also overwhelmed with pride. Pride for what my hubby does as a surgeon. I always tell him I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he's at the hospital with patients or in surgery. This show gave me a real life glimpse into his world.

Right now since he's in research, he doesn't get to operate and I know he is dying to get back to the OR next year, but I'm happy to have him these two years of research. This pregnancy fit well into our "plan", fortunately, he will be around alot when the baby is born and can help out for his first 6 months. I know I'll be sad when he goes back to the craziness of normal residency and I won't get to see him that much, but I am so happy he has a career that he loves so much, excels at and can affect and improve so many lives.

I only hope we can provide the same opportunities for our son and he finds something that he loves as much as his daddy!
* Image sums up the best lesson fromEvan's intern year- how to fall asleep standing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment