Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lately...

According to UPS, my repaired camera should be here Tuesday.
If it were here now, I'd be taking pictures of our newly put together crib! Evan put it together last night ( it only took about 20 minutes to put together-awesome!).
I hinted last week to dad that our nursery bedding on our registry was on sale and he took the hint and ordered it for me- I love how it turned out and the crib fits so nicely into our room. No crowding at all, thank goodness for our spacious master bedroom! The "plan" is to keep the baby in the crib in our room until he sleeps through the night. I also hope it will be easier to move him bc he won't be changing beds, just rooms!

Yesterday, I hit 30 weeks pregnant, 10 more to go! One big change I felt earlier this week was what I like to call "my curtain opening" ( stolen from a girl in my prenatal yoga class). I woke up in the middle of the night and my entire pelvis was in pain and it was difficult to move from side to side. I never realized how much you use your pelvic muscles when laying down and are trying to change sides. I think I've gotten a big shot of the relaxin hormone which has caused my ligaments in my pelvic area to loosen; it could also be pressure from the babys head down? Regardless, I now understand the attractive waddle that women get later in pregnancy...it's not just from having a big bump, but from the pelvic pain that happens later in pregnancy. This is suppposed to be a good thing, as it helps prepare my body to stretch for birth. In the meantime, it felt like someone has reached their hand up between my legs and stretched out my bones! It's gotten better than the first night, but it def. is still there. Another girl in PN yoga class yesterday, who is 39 weeks pregnant, knew exactly what I was talking about and says it doesn't go away....yay.

1 comment:

  1. So Marc's the one who bought you the bedding !!! I was planning to buy it, but by the time I got to the website, it was taken. I guess it's payback for when our family booked our Savannah mansion just before your dad could get it !!

    You might try sleeping with a knee pillow for your hip pain. Worked wonders for me.

    That's all the advice for now. :)

    Love,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete